Skip to content
Council Grove Public Library (CGPL) Strategic Plan Summary
- Provide services to enrich individuals within the community.
- Identify expectations of library patrons as well as non-users; meet identified needs according to resources available.
- Strengthen the Board of Trustee community knowledge; identify how the CGPL can contribute to the community’s well-being and future.
- Identify opportunities to work collaboratively with community organizations that promote education, civic, and cultural activities.
- Identify community resources that may provide complementary services; support local school libraries and local authors.
- Utilize volunteer resources, as appropriate, to support the library’s activities.
- Create public awareness and outreach opportunities to spotlight the CGPL as a valuable community resource.
- Publicize accomplishments/value of the CGPL through a variety of modes such as a Speakers Bureau, comparison to best-in-practice facilities, and celebration of National Library Week.
- Ensure the CGPL reflects the local heritage and history and participates in local events and initiatives that promote such.
- Generate additional financial resources for community enrichment.
- Board representatives to attend a grant-writing seminar and submit grants for projects as appropriate.
- Research fundraising activities of like organizations.
- Develop a disaster recovery plan and emergency procedure to provide for patron and staff safety and business continuity.
- Write a life safety plan specific to CGPL.
- Resulting Plan to be reviewed annually and revised as necessary.
error: Content is protected !!