Does the Library Have Internet Access?
Our library has free Wi-Fi and internet access on eleven (11) public computers. If you are bringing in a personal device or require the Wi-Fi password, please inquire at the front desk; we are more than happy to help our patrons.
Before using our internet or public computers, we ask that our patrons become familiar with our Internet Policy, which is posted below. Thank you.
Council Grove Public Library Policies for Internet Access
- Users are to sign in before using patron computers or Wi-Fi access.
- Patrons must agree with CGPL’s Internet Policy before signing in to use computer or Wi-Fi.
- Patrons will be allowed to use the internet no more than thirty minutes at a time if other patrons are waiting.
- Youth eight (8) years old and up are expected to use computers on their own or with help from parents/guardians. Staff will provide assistance twice to those who need it. Other than turning on and inserting a play disc, Staff does not provide assistance with gaming on the Wii or Xbox.
- There will be no more than two (2) patrons allowed per computer.
- Patrons may use a personal web-based email account, games may be played, but chat rooms are prohibited.
- The fees for printing copies are as follows: black/white copies 25¢ per page; color copies 50¢ per page.
- Patrons may download files to CD or flash drive.
- Any use of the network to facilitate illegal activity is prohibited.
- Any use of network for commercial or for-profit purposes is prohibited.
- Any use of the network for product advertisement or political lobbying is prohibited.
- User shall not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users, or misrepresent other users on the network.
- No user of the network shall disrupt the use of the network by others; hardware or software shall not be destroyed, modified, or abused in any way.
- Malicious use of the network to develop programs that harass other users or infiltrate a computer system and/or damage the software components of a computer or system is prohibited.
- The installation of software for use on library computers is prohibited.
- Use of the network to access obscene or pornographic material is prohibited. (KSA 21 4301) (KSA 21 4301c).
- Library Staff will assist patrons with basic computer or gaming use, as time permits, but are unable to provide in-depth assistance. Library staff is not allowed to set up email accounts for patrons under eighteen (18) years old.
CGPL reserves the right to remove a user in order to prevent further unauthorized activity. At the librarian’s discretion, failure to comply with the above stated policies may result in loss of computer privileges.
Parents and Guardians, not Library Staff, are responsible for Internet information accessed by patrons under eighteen (18) years old. Library Staff also is not responsible for evaluating the quality or merit of sites a Patron accesses.
Updated by the Library Board of Trustees on August 15, 2019.